Please read before using materials from this website.
Disclaimer of Endorsement
Reference herein to any specific commercial products, processes, or services by trade name, trademark, manufacturer, or otherwise, does not constitute or imply its endorsement, recommendation, or favoring by the rules of the College of Fine Arts or the UP AC FRATERNITY organization as a whole (this site is maintained by the UP Artists’ Circle residents in the college), or any of its employees or contractors. The views and opinions of authors expressed herein do not necessarily state or reflect those of the UP AC FRATERNITY in general, and shall not be used for advertising or product endorsement purposes. The Fraternity does not endorse any commercial product, process, or activity identified by this web site nor through its agreements with government and non-government entities.
Disclaimer of Liability
With respect to information available from this web page, neither the UP Artists’ Circle nor any of its members, makes any warranty, express or implied, including the warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose; nor assumes any legal liability or responsibility for the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of information, apparatus, product, or process disclosed; nor represents that its use would not infringe privately owned rights.
Guidelines Regarding the Use or Reproduction of UP AC FRATERNITY Material Obtained From these Web Pages
UP AC FRATERNITY generally has no objection to the reproduction and use of UP AC FRATERNITY material (e.g., audio transmissions and recordings; video transmission or recordings; still or motion picture photography; or World Wide Web pages), subject to the following conditions:
1. You may use UP AC FRATERNITY imagery, video and audio material if it is for educational or informational purposes, including photo collections, textbooks, public exhibits and Internet Web pages.
2. This general permission does not include the UP AC FRATERNITY insignia logo (the navy and gold insignia), the UP AC FRATERNITY logotype (the monogram without the laurel leaves), and the UP AC FRATERNITY seal (in any such existence thereof). These images may not be used by persons who are not UP AC FRATERNITY members or on products (including web pages) that are not UP AC FRATERNITY sponsored.
3. UP AC FRATERNITY material may not be used to state or imply the endorsement by UP AC FRATERNITY or by any UP AC FRATERNITY members of a commercial product, service, or activity, or used in any manner that might mislead. If the UP AC FRATERNITY material is to be used for commercial purposes, especially including advertisements, it must not explicitly or implicitly convey the fraternity’s endorsement of commercial goods or services. If a UP AC FRATERNITY image includes an identifiable person, using the image for commercial purposes may infringe that person’s right of privacy or publicity, and permission should be obtained from the person.
4. UP AC FRATERNITY should be acknowledged as the source of the material.
5. It is unlawful to falsely claim copyright or other rights in UP AC FRATERNITY material.
6. UP AC FRATERNITY shall in no way be liable for any costs, expenses, claims, or demands arising out of the use of UP AC FRATERNITY material by a recipient or a recipient’s distributees.
7. UP AC FRATERNITY does not indemnify nor hold harmless users of UP AC FRATERNITY material, nor release such users from copyright infringement, nor grant exclusive use rights with respect to UP AC FRATERNITY material.
8. UP AC FRATERNITY material is not protected by copyright unless noted. If copyrighted, permission should be obtained from the copyright owner prior to use. If not copyrighted, UP AC FRATERNITY material may be reproduced and distributed without further permission from the UP AC.
9. Some UP AC FRATERNITY material may incorporate music or footage that is copyrighted and licensed for the particular UP AC FRATERNITY work. Any editing or otherwise altering of the work may not be covered under the original license, and therefore would require permission of the copyright owner.
10. UP AC FRATERNITY does not endorse or sponsor any commercial product, service, or activity.
11. Use of the UP AC FRATERNITY name or initials as an identifying symbol by organizations other than UP AC FRATERNITY(such as on foods, packaging, containers, signs, or any promotional material) is prohibited. The only exceptions are noted immediately below.
UP AC FRATERNITYdoes permit the use of the UP AC FRATERNITYLogo and Insignia on novelty and souvenir-type items.
However, such items may be sold and manufactured only after a proposal has been submitted to and approved by a representative from the External Affairs Officer in accordance with. UP AC FRATERNITY does not grant anyone exclusive rights to use any of the Agency identities.
12. UP AC FRATERNITY emblems should be reproduced only from original reproduction proofs, transparencies, or computer files available from UP AC FRATERNITY Executive-Committee. Please be advised that approval must be granted by the President or any deputized officer of the Fraternity before any reproduction materials can be obtained. No other Material may be produced with variation in design, color, shape and size without the express permission of the UP AC Fraternity Executive Committee.
13. UP AC FRATERNITY members are not authorized to sign indemnity or hold harmless statements, releases from copyright infringement, or documents granting exclusive use rights.
14. Photographs are not protected by copyright unless noted. If copyrighted, permission should be obtained from the copyright owner prior to use. If not copyrighted, photographs may be reproduced and distributed without further permission from UP AC. If a recognizable person appears in the photograph, use for commercial purposes may infringe a right of privacy or publicity and permission should be obtained from the recognizable person.
15. Audio recordings are not protected by copyright unless noted. A cassette of CD may be excerpted or reproduced and distributed, without further permission from AC. However, use of a portion or segment of an audiotape, such as talent, narration or music, may infringe a right of publicity or copyright and permission should be obtained from the source.
16. Videotape and Motion Picture recordings are not protected by copyright unless noted. A recording may be reproduced and distributed, without further permission from UP AC. Copyrighted music or footage, which is incorporated in a production, may not be used unless permission is obtained from the copyright owner. While in most instances using non-copyrighted segments is permitted, use for a commercial purpose of a portion or segment containing talent or a recognizable person may infringe a right of publicity and permission should be obtained from the talent or recognizable person. These guidelines also apply to any UP AC Fraternity TV and Radio broadcasts.
Who maintains and writes for this website?
The responsibility of maintaining the UP Artists’ Circle website is passed on yearly to the elected External Affairs Officer of AC and the authors of this website are selected from the general membership of the fraternity. If otherwise not mentioned, the reader must assume that the statements contained are not approved by the executive committee of the fraternity, these may be press releases and contributions by members, generally seen as favorable and consented to by the Executive Committee.
Recently some posts on other pages of the UP Artists’ Circle Fraternity such as that on facebook and twitter are syndicated by this website.
The information contained in this website do not reflect the views of the general membership of the fraternity (i.e. the Alumni, Faculty and Alumni Association). This website exclusively serves the purpose of the UP Artists’ Circle residents and their Executive Committee as approved. This website and its domains http://www.upartistscircle.com and artistscircle.wordpress.com is the Official website of the UP Artists’ Circle Fraternity residents, submitted (for inspection and observation) to the Office of Student Affairs (OSA), University of the Philippines-Diliman. For information on how to reach the UP Artists’ Circle Fraternity, please consult with the OSA.